An digital test is an e-assessment. Both summative and formative tests can be made into electronic exams to be taken online.
Exam Hall (in Dutch)
- Educatorium: in the exam halls Gamma, Bèta and Alfa there is space for 650 students. All the 650 students can make a digital test at the same time on Chromebooks with a secure WiFi network.
- USG: on this location you can test digital with 40 students. This is useful for small groups.
- Law and U.S.E.: eventually there will be 40 Chromebooks available on each location.
At Utrecht University we use Remindo to test digital. You can start the demo to experience the capabilities.
ROADMAP DIGITAL TESTING
|1. The teacher applies for a digital assesment:
· The teacher informs the person responsible for the schedules that he/she will be setting a digital exam (to ensure that the appropriate hall will be booked including Chromebooks and digital exam supervisors), and;
2.The teacher receives information about digital exams:
First digital exam:
Subsequent digital exams:
3. The teacher and the key user divide the various tasks, e.g.:
|4. The digital exam supervisors prepare the booked exam hall
· put ready the Chromebooks etc.
5. The students sit the exam
· the digital exam supervisors are available to prevent disturbances etc.; during the teacher’s first digital exam the key user will be present too.
6. The digital exam supervisors clear up the exam hall
|7. The teacher (digitally) revises the exams, Remindo provides the results
8. The teacher plans a timeslot for the students to inspect their assessed exams (if digital: after first having consulted the key user)
|Quality||• Allows for various types of questions.
• Option to add graphics, texts, videos and/or audios.
• Anonymous revision.
• Simple (and parallel) horizontal revision.
• Test programme calculates end results.
• Storage of tests, test questions and results in a database.
• Questions can be adjusted or removed based on statistics.
|Safety||• No risk of mislaying test and/or results.
• secure chromebooks and Wi-Fi network.
• Login with Solis ID.
|Workload||• No more lugging with test papers.
• No unreadable handwriting.
• Results immediately available when using multiple choice tests.
• Digital access (via Chromebooks or own device).
|Students||• In line with the perception of students.
• Evaluation 600 LEG-students: 50% prefers digital testing, 25% prefers a paper test and 25% does not have any preference.